WHO WE ARE
A waypoint is a non-movable object in which people use to guide their journey. For example, as the pioneers traveled westward towards California they used such Waypoints as Chimney Rock, Castle Rock, and Devil's Gate as markers to guide their journey. In the Old Testament every time something spiritually significant happened in Abraham's life he stopped and built an altar, a Waypoint if you will.
Everyone of us is on a journey throughout life. With every decision we make, whether it is spiritual or not, we create a Waypoint in our life. These Waypoints determine the direction and the path of our lives. Our decisions not our intentions determines our destiny.
Our goal is to help people discover personal Waypoints that guide them to God and then along their journey with God.
Every person and every church has a DNA. It’s what makes us unique. For us we wanted our DNA or what we called our ethos to be about:
Connection is why we’re here. We are hardwired to connect with others, it’s what gives purpose and meaning to our lives, and without it there is suffering. We have an attitude of distrust, paranoia, and disconnection. We have our own hurts and fears. We have the busyness of life and the technology of this world that keeps us disconnected. belonging. We believe only once a person feels loved and safe will they risk to believe in a wild savior.
We believe that Jesus really lived, He really died, and He really rose again. Jesus came to us as God’s greatest expression of love, so everyone can have a personal, powerful relationship with Him every day. Our desire is for everyone to connect with the God of Scripture, to discover His love for them, embrace His love, and be forever changed because of this supernatural encounter. Through this we begin the process of becoming who God created us to be.
We believe that a person’s past may describe their history, but it does not determine their future. Scripture gives us the amazing news that once we come into a relationship with Jesus we are new creations because with God curses are reversed, lives are changed, and futures are created. Through the power of Jesus Christ we can be renewed, restored, and rebuilt. We believe that every day God gives us life, and that is evidence that he is not done with us and our journey is not over.
WHAT WE BELIEVE
WE BELIEVE THE BIBLE:
- Is the Word of God.
- Is without error and our final authority
- We believe that there is one God, who has always existed in three persons: Father, Son and Holy Spirit.
WE BELIEVE JESUS CHRIST IS GOD
- He came into this world supernaturally being born of a virgin.
- He lived a sinless life. He performed miracles.
- He sacrificed His own life. His death paid in full the penalty for the sins of all who receive Him.
- He physically came back to life after dying.
- He returned to heaven where He is at the right hand of the Father.
- He will return in power and glory.
- We believe that in order to find peace with God, forgiveness for sins and eternal life; a person must repent from their sins and receive Jesus Christ as their Savior. Salvation is not based on a person’s own merit or accomplishments, but comes through God’s grace.
- We believe in the present ministry of the Holy Spirit by whose indwelling, the Christian is made new and enabled to live a godly life.
- We are all new creatures in Christ.
- We believe in the resurrection of both the saved and the lost; those that are saved will spend eternity in heaven and those that are lost will spend eternity in hell.
- We believe in the spiritual unity of believers in our Lord Jesus Christ.
Waypoints is lead by a plurality of Elders. We believe that is how the early church lead individual communities, so that is the model we follow.